The Chapel of Our Lord of Agony is located in Vasco da Gama Square, where the Town Hall is also located.
Until the beginning of the 20th century, the prison of Vila do Conde was located in a building adjacent to the Town Hall, in front of the place where this chapel was built. In 1695, Pedro da Silva made a request to build a chapel at this place, in front of the public prison, so that the prisoners could thus attend Mass. The request was accepted and the land was transferred to the applicant, who promptly commenced the works.
Therefore, here was built this small chapel, with the invocation of Our Lord Good Jesus of Agony.
Address: Praça Vasco da Gama – Vila do Conde